Community Ventures Multi Lingual Support Service
Community Ventures Multi Lingual Support Service (CVMLS) offers a welcoming and friendly team who are compassionate with a desire to help people, we gain an understanding of the issues impacting upon our residents lives. We use community walkabouts and local drop in surgeries to build relationships and assist our service users to improve their livelihood, implement community activities and to reduce the many health inequalities, which they experience.
We aim to help our new emigration to integrate within the British society and become valued community members. Community Ventures offer independent, confidential and impartial advice on issues in more than 15 different languages.
Our Service is wide-ranging and includes:
- Community cohesion, development and Integration
- Housing, Social and Healthcare Access Development
- Education, Training Support and Access Development
- Employment, welfare, business and Enterprise Support and Development
- Legal Advice and Support Mechanism Development
- Promoting Good Practice
- Multi Cultural Events & event management
- Interpreting and translation services
- Debt Management
Every single aspect of new emigration social, cultural, educational, business, health care and other crucial directions needs development, but for start as an organization we concentrate on two main functions:
- To listen to individuals, communities and business; furthermore take note of the issues that is important to them and when appropriate advocate on their behalf.
- To engage with range of key stakeholders, Local Authorities and Government to offer strategic advice and support on development of policies and practises in a broader area of the third sector and small business services, mainly for new migrants from eastern European, Post Soviet Republic and new emerging communities.
To carry out these two main functions we provide for individuals, authorities and other organisations:
- Update on activity in their area of expertise.
- Open discussions on strategic issues.
- Inviting guest speakers to discuss key topics such as workforce development, access to opportunities, finance, procurement, cultural, health and social care and general wellbeing.
Our service currently runs 2 weekly multi lingual advisory drop in sessions every Thursday:
We have also facilitated community events across the city, which have been extremely popular with community members from all walks of life.
Our CVML support services
When CVND is requested to attend a meeting to discuss how we can assist your organisation.
When CVND is requested to provide your service/staff with support and advice on how they can tackle their issue with non-English speaking residents more effectively.
CVND Telephone Support
When CVND is requested to provide your service/staff with support and advice over the phone on how they can tackle their issue with non-English speaking residents more effectively.
CVND Surgeries community walkabouts
CVND take to the streets in your communities with stakeholders from partner organisations to help to establish a presence in the area. We speak with the people who are living in the neighborhood and provide explanations about any work, services and initiatives going on locally. We are able to communicate in over 14 different languages and introduce and connect them to our CVND service.
CVND Surgeries (half day)
When CVND is requested to provide your organisation with more in depth support on the ground we can host our CVND surgeries, it is here we are able to provide support to residents and also work on specific cases with statutory organisations to great effect.
CVND Surgeries (full day)
When CVND is requested to provide your organisation with more in depth support on the ground we can host our CVND surgeries. Our full day surgeries are our most effective and successful intervention and it is here we are able to provide greater support to residents and also work on specific cases with statutory organisations to great effect.
CVND Training Days
When CVND provide our train the trainer days and support to individuals from the community and statutory organisations who wish to gain a greater understanding of how they can offer support to the people who have migrated here, and strengthen integration so that our communities can live together cohesively.
When CVND are able to offer our support on the ground whether this be our mediation, translation, community engagement our team are able to assist you in rapidly responding to the enormous amount of difficulties statutory organisations and local agencies are experiencing in communities across the country.
CVND Event Planning, Delivery and Management
Our CVND community events are a hugely effective way off bringing people, local services and communities together. We celebrate integration and the many different cultures that we have living in our communities, whether it be great food, cultural dances, art work, traditions or heritages we are able to bring them all together to form events which have brought huge numbers into our communities.
How our service can help residents
- Reducing the burden at the most difficult of timestest4dmin2017-07-21T15:05:14+01:00
- Community Ventures Advisory & translation support surgeriestest4dmin2017-07-31T09:27:50+01:00
- Support for client with life changing injuries and loss of employmenttest4dmin2017-07-21T15:08:22+01:00
- Surgeries quick to help residents with challenging situationstest4dmin2017-07-21T15:09:03+01:00