What we do
We always apply asset-based approaches to community development, we focus on what our communities have at their disposal rather than what they don’t have. We then use our methods, and practices to enable local communities to develop from within.
We use asset mapping exercises, such as community walkabouts, creative participatory consultation, conversations with local residents & service providers to understand what:-
- Voluntary, community and social enterprises are working locally.
- Facilities and services are available to the community.
- Activities and projects are being delivered in the area.
- Areas or spaces have potential
- Local issues affect the community
- Local businesses are operating in our neighbourhoods.
Our objective when supporting communities is to always guide local residents, groups and organisations towards the development of sustainable community projects, interventions and services.